Forged lower control arms for 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pap-repair

Reaction score
When I replaced my LCA, they were rusted badly and the shock mounts were rusted off. If you follow the Hollander Interchange, (see also https://www.hollanderparts.com/), you can find the part interchange numbers. By cross referencing, or using eBay, you can find most everything.

For a 1999 Tahoe 4X4 4dr, the stamped arms are 512-01600L for the left, and 512-01593R for the right. Notice the right is the same as the what I used, but the left is different. I do not know if there is a forged arm to replace 512-01600L. If the shock mount are not rusted off or weak, sand blast, powder coat, replace ball joints and bushing on your existing LCAs.

I does appear the 2000 2 door Classic style version is the same as the GMT400 ones I used.

Good luck!
Peter

ps: It's amazing what you can learn with a Google search!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I appreciate that. You'd think the truck spent its life in the Yukon. I am in NY but I don't plow with it and I don't even use a lot. Poor materials I suspect. Might just repair lines and just wait for the next ball to drop. Just removing the components looks like a daunting task. All fasteners are gone for the most part UGH!!

I think I understand better now... I just started cleaning up a 2000 Saturn SL2 that I'm planning on using as a commuter. I wanted to look at the rear suspension before spending any money on parts. Some of the bolt heads are so so crusty... the front has some pretty bad ones too, on the struts. Thankfully, I don't think I really need to take any of that apart... it mainly needs brakes, and to fix an engine miss.