Stamped Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dokken10

Reaction score
Unless they are damaged or rotted out, they are a serviceable part. There’s been some threads on LCA’s for Astro’s being used on 6 lug applications, but now it seems many are having to grind off areas to make them work. If yours are good, just replace bushings(if needed) and reuse.
From the research I done, The 88-95 6 lug requires no grinding to the Astro/Safari AWD LCAs or the knuckle. The 96-99 6 lug arm and knuckle have to be ground. I believe in 96 GM changed the design of the arm and knuckle.

In no way shape or form I'm saying this is a fact. This is just my opinion from the research I've done so far.

Last edited:

Marauder

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my Suburban is a 8-lug K2500. So basically it’s a SRW 1ton chassis and drivetrain.

Attachments

• IMG_3742.jpeg
    IMG_3742.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3741.jpeg
    IMG_3741.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3740.jpeg
    IMG_3740.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 4

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my Suburban is a 8-lug K2500. So basically it’s a SRW 1ton chassis and drivetrain.

If the Astro arms fit the 6 lug trucks, they should fit the 8-lugs... however, the better swap would be to go with the forged lower arms. Do a search here for the part numbers, and then search for the part numbers on ebay. Clean them up, install new bushings and ball joints, and you're all set.

You're not going to find new control arms because they're not a wear part. Replacing the whole control arms is a newer concept for US vehicles. Ball joints wear out, you replace them. Bushings wear out, you replace them. Crash or rust damage? Our trucks are old enough that the automakers stopped making them years ago, and you're either buying used parts, NOS, or you're taking the vehicle off the road because it's beyond being economically viable to fix.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there no aftermarket options like cognito or kryptonite maybe?

Marauder

Reaction score
I have found lowers for the 2wd that utilizes coil springs , with ease but nothing for the 4WD (torsion bars).
From everything that I have found or seen, there are 3 LCA styles.
1st style is the stamped lower with riveted ball joints .
2nd style it the stamped lower with pressed ball joints.
3rd style is the forged style with pressed ball joints

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s all kinds. Lol
You must be registered for see images attach