Flowtech or Summit shorty headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off I know long tube headers are better but I just want headers that bolt up to the y-pipe since that and my cat-back are brand new, was looking at Flowtech and the Summit brand in cermaic anyone run either and have anything to say? And its for the 95 350 TBI Tahoe in my sig

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ebay stainless, i didnt like my flowtechs one bit they gave me issues, and i beleive the summits are the same header just ceramic coated, not sure but i heard that somewhere when i was researching before. on the other hand theres a few people who havent had an issue with the flowtechs at all.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ebay stainless, i didnt like my flowtechs one bit they gave me issues, and i beleive the summits are the same header just ceramic coated, not sure but i heard that somewhere when i was researching before. on the other hand theres a few people who havent had an issue with the flowtechs at all.

I was gonna get the Ebay ones but you need to mod where it bolts up?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
what do you mean you need to mod where it bolts up?

are the summits pacesetters? if so those are what i have on the yukon now, theyre a ***** to get one but they seal up nicely, still look okay and so on. iv eput them through some abuse, just take a little elbow grease to get one there.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

are the summits pacesetters? if so those are what i have on the yukon now, theyre a ***** to get one but they seal up nicely, still look okay and so on. iv eput them through some abuse, just take a little elbow grease to get one there.

I thought there was an issue on the Ebay ones where the bolt to the y-pipe

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

And besides being a pain you like them? And painted or coated?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
mine are ball and socket flange i beleieve and yes i like them, i had to locktite all my header bolts if they back out again ill be going with some stage 8 locking header bolts. thats the only time they leaked when most of the bolts loosened up yanno otherwise yea they fit tight, seal nicely etc.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score

Yeah mine have the pacesetter tag on them. Like you said, a pain to get in, but are nice.

Sent from Robl@nd