flip kits ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torq4u

Reaction score
so if a previous owner put a flip kit on turned around , would the pinion be about 20 degrees nose up ?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Not sure I fallow what your asking ... talking about the u bracket? If its on backwards im pretty sure it would just push the axle forward to far. If its pointing up 20 degrees, then the axle twisted.

torq4u

Reaction score
yes the u bracket that locates the rear end on the springs when flipped (moves it forward or back not sure ).
is one end taller than other on the u bracket ?
plus they could be home made , and from the things I need to redo they where not a fabricator.

Last edited:

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think normally one side is a little taller...I would say that is probably what's up. It doesn't have pinion shims does it ? because those could possibly be in the wrong way as well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

torq4u

Reaction score
I think normally one side is a little taller...I would say that is probably what's up. It doesn't have pinion shims does it ? because those could possibly be in the wrong way as well.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
no shims , I had hoped that was it .

torq4u

Reaction score
mine were the same on both side... but then my axle twisted and bent one side over ...
ok i'll tear it down and take a look , better get a c-notch first . thanks for the input .