Here's some new info i got from my sources. On the new belltech lowering kit. Which will come out in 2024..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Here's some more info I got from my sources. Regarding the new 2024 belltech lowering kit. My bad. I was so excited on how this kit came out on my truck that I prematurely put it out to promote this freaking awesome belltech lowering kit. So I got more info talking about this kit on Podcasts. Plus some more live talk at 2023 Sema. From KW Suspensions Sema booth. Stay cruising.
Here are the answers to all the questions that were asked, this came from the Belltech brand manager directly.

1. This kit is a Belltech kit.
  2. Belltech was acquired by KW Automotive in 2005.
  3. The price will be right around $6000.00.
  4. Should be available around April 2024.
  5. For more information on this kit:
    • You can listen to the OBS Talk podcast with Belltech’s engineer Joseph Torres (starts around minute 60ish)
    • xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be nice to see that back end on a vehicle. That display doesn't answer By of the questions I have. 6 grand is a lot of money. I know upper, and lower arms, and a spindle are a lot of stuff, but there are only so many people dropping that kind of money on these old trucks.
Still, I'm always excited anytime someone makes new stuff for our gmt400s.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s really good looking stuff. I hope it comes coated like shown.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be nice to see that back end on a vehicle. That display doesn't answer By of the questions I have. 6 grand is a lot of money. I know upper, and lower arms, and a spindle are a lot of stuff, but there are only so many people dropping that kind of money on these old trucks.
Still, I'm always excited anytime someone makes new stuff for our gmt400s.
I'm seeing lots of examples of people spending stupid money on these trucks now. They're increasing in popularity daily.

Will that equate to sufficient market demand for this product to be a winner for KW? Only time will tell!

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
They should have used GMT-800 or 900 spindles to get the better brakes. All that money (to buy) and engineering work to make, and it's limited to crappy GMT-400 brakes. I do like that lower control arm.... I wonder if it's forged or cast. I guess aluminum can be cast as that's what I read that aluminum 900 control arms can be.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They should have used GMT-800 or 900 spindles to get the better brakes. All that money (to buy) and engineering work to make, and it's limited to crappy GMT-400 brakes. I do like that lower control arm.... I wonder if it's forged or cast. I guess aluminum can be cast as that's what I read that aluminum 900 control arms can be.
To a certain degree, front brakes swap between GMT800, 900, K2XX and even the latest T1XX trucks. There are a few gotchas like a slight spacing of a rotor is needed in some cases, and of course larger rotor sizes require larger diameter wheels, and some of the caliper designs don't work with all wheel designs because of interference with the backside of the spokes. There's a lot of discussion about what works with what, over on the Performance Trucks dot net forum.

One of the setups I'd really love to have on my '06 SS are the GMPP 16" rotor / 6 piston Brembo caliper front brakes that were made for the 2019-up trucks. I've already got the "good" brakes being an '06 with the 2 piston caliper and 13" rotors.. but they could always be better. ;) Dunno about $2400 worth though..

Richard