Fixing loose dash bezel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Somebody (before I bought it) broke the plastic that the metal clips go into to hold the bezel firmly against the dash. So now it is loose up top over the stereo. It is an insane amount of work to replace the whole dash so I want to avoid that. Anyone had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you talking about the bezel that covers the cassette player? IIRC, the bezel that covers the outer edge of the radio/HVAC controller has no metal clips that would make it stay loose. (I'm assuming this is your '89?)

If so, just get that JB-Weld stuff made for plastic and fabricate something up. I can take a photo of what it's supposed to look like if you need a reference photo.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Nah my '89 is perfect in the interior. It's the '95 that is messed up. It's the bezel that surrounds the cluster, temp controls, and radio. It pops on with clips into the dash. Somebody broke all the spots in the dash that the clips go in.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know if you have tried....but my bezel ring was broke in a few spots...JB weld works great to put the clips back in place...Mine has been held like this for quite some time. I imagine it could work for the dash also.