FiTech EFI for 350 TBI/Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
I wouldnt go with a TBI unit , FI tech included its also a tbi. Get a gen 3 ecm (0411 swap) have it flashed and run a real MPFI system if you look in my build thread you will see the one I built .
You could probably build it for 600 or so .

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a link to your build thread? I'd like to see what you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I went the Dynamic EFI way on my build. Nice part (aside of the computer) I can go to any parts store and find what I need. Injectors, sensors, etc. My truck is a daily and needed the reliability. Most aftermarket parts are pretty good, but I didn't want the down time...Just in case.

Plus is all my gauges, air conditioning, cruise control work as the factory intended, and I don't have to look at a "Service Engine Soon," light. :) My only gripe is the power limitation of the factory throttle body and my area does have emissions.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went the Dynamic EFI way on my build. Nice part (aside of the computer) I can go to any parts store and find what I need. Injectors, sensors, etc. My truck is a daily and needed the reliability. Most aftermarket parts are pretty good, but I didn't want the down time...Just in case.

Plus is all my gauges, air conditioning, cruise control work as the factory intended, and I don't have to look at a "Service Engine Soon," light. :) My only gripe is the power limitation of the factory throttle body and my area does have emissions.

I'm still using the stock small block TB over a 383 with 80 lb/hr injectors and 18 psi fuel pressure and it feeds the beast just fine. Although I do have a big Block TB ready to go when I can find a carb intake for the TBI heads. I looked really hard at adding Dynamic EFI to my stock 1228747 ECM to do the tuning, but decided to swap it for a 16197427 PCM from a '95 C2500. There are more tuning resources available for the newer PCM.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I'm still using the stock small block TB over a 383 with 80 lb/hr injectors and 18 psi fuel pressure and it feeds the beast just fine. Although I do have a big Block TB ready to go when I can find a carb intake for the TBI heads. I looked really hard at adding Dynamic EFI to my stock 1228747 ECM to do the tuning, but decided to swap it for a 16197427 PCM from a '95 C2500. There are more tuning resources available for the newer PCM.

Guess I should have specified factory throttle bodies*. Yeah, I'm currently running a modified 50mm small block throttle body on my setup (stock big block bore size). There's a little more peak power to be had, but compared to many carbureted builds I've seen...Less than 1 hp/cubic inch is disappointing. I'd like to hear your experience with a carb intake when you get around to it. I recently moved on to a Holley Pro-Jection intake hoping for more power, but with my cam size, has not appeared to make a difference.

Reaction score
I'm looking into the cheap Fitech 400hp for 795USD, it can not be used to control timing. Looks like i'm going with a HEI with mechanical and vacuum advance since the old distributor has 150k miles on it and i will have to swap out the distributer gear anyway.
But, i will still need to control lockup. I should still be able to use the stock computer with a custom TPS and control lockup? I will also need a new bracket for TV cable geometry, i've seen guys on youtube using a modified holley bracket.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the Fitech 600hp. For $200 more you gain a lot of features and customization. I have the 30001 on an ATK stage 1 5.7L. It's a nice product. You better make sure you have no vac leaks and you'll need to run a bigger fuel pump. Drop the tank or slide the bed back. Which ever is easiest for you. Use an intank one. Walboro has a nice one for pretty cheap.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the Fitech 600hp. For $200 more you gain a lot of features and customization. I have the 30001 on an ATK stage 1 5.7L. It's a nice product. You better make sure you have no vac leaks and you'll need to run a bigger fuel pump. Drop the tank or slide the bed back. Which ever is easiest for you. Use an intank one. Walboro has a nice one for pretty cheap.

Forgot, your TPS is standard VW I believe that FiTech uses, Bosch. I think its the blue wire on the TPS that is your signal wire. Solder the connection, do not crimp. Crimping has resistance. I'm changing from a 5 speed to a 4l60E from Monster Trans with the Compushift II module. For a nice bracket you're looking in the $75 range. You can get a cheap one for $15 but they're very thin. Holley, summit, all those make a nice billet alum. bracket.

Make sure your exhaust has no leaks. It will throw the O2 sensor off and you will be chasing your tail.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, unfortunately i didn't see all your post before i ordered the 400hp Fitech, it should be a mild engine and the reason i went with fitech instead of GM TBI was the issues with finding the right parts and knowledge about flashing, burning chips and modifying ECMs in Sweden. I will try to get the lockup, cruise control and lockup working, it should exaclty as a carb swap i think.

Do you think it is possible to put bigger injectors in the FiTech Unit in the future? Swap out the 56lbs for 80lbs or something?

Iv'e been using some software to estimate horsepower. Desktop Dyno, engine analyzer and camquest estimates the horsepower between 350-380 @ 5000 RPM. Do you think this is possible?

210/220 Duration @ .050
Vortec Heads
Shorty Headers
Custom Y-pipe, no Cat
FiTech Injection
Medium Height Dual Plane Intake