Finally got another G-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
On my 99 k2500 - the only spot of the floor that I had to patch was from the factory exhaust shield on the passenger side. Most places where they welded it had rusted through. It makes me think a little about welding stuff up here in the rust belt. There is just no real good way to treat the metal before/after welding.
I've been wanting to try a weld proof primer in certain areas, like inside of rockers and cab corners. No matter what, between seems it's gunna start getting bad at some point.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I read all 10 pages of this... Sucks to hear/see. My first thought about you selling it was, "NOOO!!! YOU'RE GONNA NEED THE FRAME!!!" It's the hardest part (usually) about having a good G-body. I've had 3 wagons and an '80 2-door with a 355 that would run 8.30-8.34 in the 8th mile all day. It was my daily driver and by that I mean 350+ miles a week! I've had quicker cars since then, but it was one of the most fun! Fox body Mustangs would typically run a full second slower at my local track, so it was a load of fun on the street and at the track.