Favorite Tool Box/Chest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger tool chest, but I've seen awful reviews on expensive set ups. I found this (link) and I may be interested in it. My question is, what box do you have and what recommendations do you have before I fork out the money for one?

SLIMZ71

Reaction score
its hard to beat a craftsman box for the money. if you catch it on sale at the right time you can get some pretty good deals.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Yeah I like the craftsman boxes. Extremely expensive, but I plan on keeping it a long time.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'll tell you, I've always had a Snap-On box. I think them and Matco make the best boxes. We have Mac boxes at work and I think they aren't near as as good. With that being said, I was looking a few months ago for an inexpensive box that had some decent size to it. I had heard of a few people that bought the Harbor Freight boxes, so I thought I'd go check them out. Now, it isn't even close to being a Snap-On or Matco, but I'll say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well they're built. IMO they're much better than any run of the mill "big box store" toolbox, including Craftsman (by a MILE), etc. The metal seems thicker, all the drawers have ball bearings, and the paint (or powder coating) is really nice. The other good thing is you can add to it, like the big boy boxes.

I don't think you can get a better box than this for the money. There are multiple reviews on YouTube and you can check them out at there website. I got back in October and I've been very happy with it.

Here's the one I have:

http://www.harborfreight.com/roller-cabinet-44-13-drawer-gloss-red-industrial-uality-68784.html

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second the harbor freight box. A friend has one an he loves it. I was planning on one myself but I wound up with this csps one from Costco. It was the floor model an i got a great deal on it an its a great box to, I'm not so worried about adding on to it since I have the Craftsman one as well....

You must be registered for see images attach

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I've never bought from HF before. I do like that box, but due to space constrictions I need something taller like a stacked chest. Ill have to search around on their site a bit

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya look around they have the single width chests you can stack also

Gatorboy

Reaction score
My cheapo Stanley box I got as a gift years ago is literally falling apart. I will look around a bit
on there. HF seems to have some good reviews

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Got this at one of Sears 50% off sales. Christmas present fom M&D. They paid for 1/2 of it. Pretty good box for what I paid.

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That box looks nice Al. Sears has some awesome sales on boxes after Thanksgiving.