Favorite stock brake pads/rotors.... Shoes/drums?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
Since the trucks are notorious for mushy brakes I tend to take better care of my brakes than most.

I have to admit that, other than longer pedal travel than I prefer, my 99 C1500 Sub stops rather confidently. It fades quicker when towing obviously but driving unhitched has a very confident stop. Now, 2 years later (maybe 18k miles) they look fine and probably have another year left on them.

Ive found these pads to be the best I've ever tried on any GMT400. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HE6UPO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pads on this 99 K1500 Sub aren't low enough to swap, but it does need bleeding. I may just buy new rotors and get some more of these Delco ceramics.

In terms of sheer stopping power on a K1500, what rotor should I look for? I have 6 lug 16s on it, are there larger rotors/pads/calipers that fit? I'm aware of the sticky about putting on 3/4 ton calipers but it seems to get mixed reviews.

Last edited: