FastOrange: Stage 2 (Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
NO NO NO, get ya a vac. hand pump the kind with the hose and feed it down the dipstick and get some out. We had to do that very same thing, worked great, better then looseing over 5 quarts then putting them back in.
Honestley, thats what i planned all along. just didnt want to explain it :lol:

Other idea was too pull vacuum Modulator thingy, to drain some fluid.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that works too, os the speedo cable, ask me how I know LOl. or I should say the speedo gear holder.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's not to like about balancing a gallon of transmission fluid above your head in a pan slightly thicker than a cookie sheet?:Moon:

lol it spills everywhere usually. it's not a gallon it's 5 quarts and if it's overfilled it's more LOl. I hate it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I bought a new suction pump, sucked out over 5 quarts, and added more fluid i am slightly above the full mark now, but no leaks, and truck just rips, goes sideways in 2nd gear and chirps in 3rd.

Put it this way, My dad was really impressed by how much power there is now, and his camaro used to have a 450+hp 427 in it.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep a good set of rear gears and a good trans make a world of difference and exactly why I hate the OD transmissions.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
yep a good set of rear gears and a good trans make a world of difference and exactly why I hate the OD transmissions.

only problem is, i have 3.42 or 3.08, and with the 3500 stall, its boggy off the line normal driving, but if i give it some revs before letting off brake, OMFG!

i would like to upgrade to 3.73 or even 4.10.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to be honest I'm not sold at all on the stall converters as most said they are only to let you build up rpms off the line and that's about it. I had a mild 350 and 2k stall in the 85 mcss, same way could barely break em loose of th eline or anytime just wasn't great, it has 3.42's and now with a 305 stock tc and the same trans it smokes em.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ok, problem

i filled up the trans with engine running and trans hott, and it was just above full line.

Its been sitting for abit and now, i have a huge puddle under the truck, and it leaking out of hole in driveshaft yolk, and i checked level (Engine not running) and its WAY over full.

Is the TC emptying and causing leak?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
fluid level is fine (Just checked with truck running)

But its pissing out of hole in yolk, im gonna swap out yolk for one with no hole.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's not your problem, I think all yoke's have them. The problem is the o-ring inside the tailshaft that seals the driveshafy yoke inside from the fluid. When that o-ring is bad it let's fluid in there and pukes out.