FastOrange: Stage 2 (Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This trans SHOULD be "Heavy Duty" because it was behind a diesel. and yes i did.

Also, Lockup wont be used, i just wont hook up the switch.

there is a differance between gas and diesal transmissions, i think it is the convertor only though,

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Started doing work to the trans today.

Turns out, even though i have a wiring plug near the shift linkage, I DO NOT HAVE A TH350C! WOOT!, turns out its just a th350, Found out by pulling off TC, and found a regular old th350 input shaft not the th350c kind.

So i pulled the pan, Fluid was nice and red, i then pulled filter off, everything looked great

So a new dipstick (From my BOP TH350) Kickdown cable, 3500 Stall convertor and some duplicolor, here is how it sits.

You must be registered for see images attach

When i picked it up

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good, but question...

you got a 350 block painted and on the little cart, and a set of tbi or vortec heads laying around too? what's the scoop on them another motor in the works or what?

Also what kind of kickdown cable bracket you got? an adjustable one I hope or stocker? I ask because they have 2 different kickdown cable lengths, one like yours the th350c's is usually the shorter one and has a little plastic cap end like a 700r4 tv cable end, the other longer and older style has the metal slot on it. I ran into that problem on my brother in law's monte carlo, I had th elong slot cable on it and now he's got the factory 305 bracket, and it used the shorter cable which got thrown out.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
looks good, but question...

you got a 350 block painted and on the little cart, and a set of tbi or vortec heads laying around too? what's the scoop on them another motor in the works or what?

Also what kind of kickdown cable bracket you got? an adjustable one I hope or stocker? I ask because they have 2 different kickdown cable lengths, one like yours the th350c's is usually the shorter one and has a little plastic cap end like a 700r4 tv cable end, the other longer and older style has the metal slot on it. I ran into that problem on my brother in law's monte carlo, I had th elong slot cable on it and now he's got the factory 305 bracket, and it used the shorter cable which got thrown out.
Here is the problem, I found out my trans is a TH350C that was converted to a regular TH350, sooo, i should be using a th350c cable (Looks like TV cable, but it was broken) now i have the one off my BOP trans, which has the metal slot and tab.

ATM i have no bracket.

Im going to have to buy a cable.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
the orange block is my old 350 that blew up 6 days after rebuild (timing chain bolts loosened off)

You must be registered for see images

Heads are 191 TBI heads that came with the engine currently in my truck.

Rest is just misc. parts, enough to build another 350.

I keep the block around cause its a roller 350, as for the heads. i just have not got rid of them yet. they sat in the snow all winter.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya but if you got a cable that fits it why not use it? just buy a bracket, they sell the chrome ones for like $12 at summit or your local parts store should have it. We're using one on dad's truck now.

So they have a non lock up converter in it now and did the change the shafts or what? I heard you can't switch the TC's between the 2 which is why I wondered if you had got a tc with it or not.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I forgot what the difference was in the valve bodies but it's easy to see, should get a pic with th epan off. I would think a reg. 350 shift kit if it doesn't have a c valve body. I would put in a b&m stage 2 in a heartbeat, done 2 and love em.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
yea I forgot what the difference was in the valve bodies but it's easy to see, should get a pic with th epan off. I would think a reg. 350 shift kit if it doesn't have a c valve body. I would put in a b&m stage 2 in a heartbeat, done 2 and love em.

Ill get a picture later.

I wonder if i can swap out the valve body with a regular th350 one.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Some pictures of the underhood wiring cleaned up, Interior clean and my rally's.