factory radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a GM re manufactured radio from ebay for my 97 silverado, it is just like one i have now but the same unit been re manufactured by Gm and has a 3.5mm jack for ipod added on. Has anyone bought one off of ebay, whats yalls opinion on this?

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Bought one just like that w/ CD player and ipod wire. Besides having to unhook the wire from it to listen to the radio I think it works great. Sound quality is very good, and I haven't had a problem with it at all. I've dropped the wire from the back of the radio down where my CD player used to be and ran my wire from inside my center console under the carpet into the dash. You don't even see it. Think I paid $60-$70 for mine.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Bought one just like that w/ CD player and ipod wire. Besides having to unhook the wire from it to listen to the radio I think it works great. Sound quality is very good, and I haven't had a problem with it at all. I've dropped the wire from the back of the radio down where my CD player used to be and ran my wire from inside my center console under the carpet into the dash. You don't even see it. Think I paid $60-$70 for mine.
sweet, thats what i was hoping i would love to have an ipod hook up but was unsure on how sound quality was, i used do it with an fm transmitter sounded like crap. Just me id rather have the factory look but be able to play the ipod on it. thanks man for the reply helps alot on making my decision.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score

Do you have a link to these radios?

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
It is close to the same but my ipod wire is tied into the back of the radio, so I have it run into the blank spot where the CD player used to be. I can't find a pic of it anywhere on ebay. I bought it off a guy that had two of them and just wanted it gone. I looked at my statement and saw that I did pay $80 with shipping, which I thought was a great price. Haven't had any problems with it and like that it's pretty much concealed and out of sight. Good luck getting one.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
It is close to the same but my ipod wire is tied into the back of the radio, so I have it run into the blank spot where the CD player used to be. I can't find a pic of it anywhere on ebay. I bought it off a guy that had two of them and just wanted it gone. I looked at my statement and saw that I did pay $80 with shipping, which I thought was a great price. Haven't had any problems with it and like that it's pretty much concealed and out of sight. Good luck getting one.
oh okay. yeah they put this one on the front side and most of em is like that now, I would say its prolly wired the same way jus the port is in diff place. Yeah no doubt u got a deal on yours. I couldnt find any any cheaper so i ordered the one thats in the link so hopefully everything will work good and everything like yours has.

castmain

Reaction score
sweet, thats what i was hoping i would love to have an ipod hook up but was unsure on how sound quality was, i used do it with an fm transmitter sounded like crap. Just me id rather have the factory look but be able to play the ipod on it. thanks man for the reply helps alot on making my decision.

Featuring fm transmitters for car,

Last edited:

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll get better sound out of the docking port than you will the 3.5 jack. Trust me, I'm using a PAC AAI-GM9 to run into the back of my factory stereo with slave CD player. At first I had it running out of the 3.5 on my phone. I was not impressed with the sound at all. So I found a chord online, ran it under the carpet and up through the console. Now I've got good sound and it charges. Double win.