Factory Radio Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all,

looks like my previous thread was closed.

MOBS - to answer your question I bought the flex-a-lite #280 kit for OBS trucks. Its a great kit and went in w/o issue, its just unfortuante timing my brain box decided not to work shortly after installing the fans. They are twin puller type and work as advertised. It has been the biggest noticable improvment on my gas milage more than anything else. For anyone thinking about this kit just keep in mind it requires a 37" radiator which my c1500 did not have. All the lines, hoses, etc line up perfectly from the smaller rad to the larger one but its an extra $ to buy a new rad for those, like me, that had the smaller one.

The brain box i got was off of ebay from a company that referbishes them. It does have an aux input for ipod, etc but I hav yet to try it out to see how well it works. So far the brainbox has not given me any issues but then again it has only been a week since I installed it.

thanks again for all the help and advice.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you link me to the refurb brain box company?

Reaction score
thohill - i dont have a link i can access right now but the company on ebay is 1 factory radio. they even have a website i believe. i found them by searching for the brainbox part #.

I used the aux imput for the 1st time yesterday and it bascially overrides the radio signal with whatever is plugged into the jack. works pretty well. you cant leave anything plugged into the jack even if you are not using it becuase the connection alone overrides the sound of the radio, tape but just plug in your cord when ready and sound comes through the speakers and you can control volume on the device and on the radio itself too. so far so good.