factory heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi, i wanted to know what would be need to put some factory heated seats in my obs tahoe. right now i have power seats but not heated, the plugs under the seats looks to be the same for the heated and non heated(local yard has a nice set). my main concern is that I did notice that the truck with the heated seats has a fuse in fuse panel under the hood for heated seats while the non heated truck does not nor does that same fuse spot have any terminals for a fuse to be used. has any done this swap? search only came up with after market kit and no details on wiring(fuses). thanks

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that the heated seats have an extra wire in the plug.

Just wire up the new seats to the fuse box/battery. Cut extra wire on the new plug and match wires to make it work.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
What color are the wires? I'm going to guess that your tahoe clip has a yellow, orange and black wire going to it on the drivers side? I asked about this same thing 4-5 months ago after I looked at some seats out of a Tahoe limited. I'm pretty sure that the clip in the floorboard of my truck (non factory heat) would work for the Limited seats (heated). You could put an in line fuse in there somewhere if you're worried about that. These might help:

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34663

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...nance/459191-heated-seats-wiring-diagram.html

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info. the heated seat on the driver side has two orange wires 1 black and 1 brown. My truck is missing the brown wire so im guessing all i need to do is run the brown wire, but to where. i know ignition power to the brown wire. also is the second orange wire on the driver side going to the passenger seat for power. i could be totally wrong but when i added a power seat to my 96 cutlass many years ago i think i read some where that the second orange wire on the drivers side was just going to the passenger side ?? which would mean there would always be only one orange wire on the pass. side??