Factory Gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Ok. So my gauges are acting up. Volt meter jump between 12 and 14. Oil pressure will jump between 30 and 0. And temp gauge wont go above 120. Both the volt and oil pressure work fine. Until everything gets warmed up. Then both start acting up. So I believe its the gauges rather than a problem with either system. Any help on the issue would be appreciated.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a pretty common problem on these trucks to have an issue with the guages my oil pressure guage bounces around a lil the worst is the fuel guage but check your oil pressure with a mechanical guage to make sure its good, could be a bad oil pressure switch or the guage itself, theres a place you can send it out too and for $180 they will look it over and fix it if needed

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it was slightly common. I read somewhere(on this forum). That the oil pressure switch is hooked to the computer. Saying it could cause engine damage if its not hooked up right. Not sure how true that is. But don't want to take any chances. But if it doesn't. I have no problem hooking up all mechanical gauges. But on that note. Any one know what the smog station in California will say about mechanical gauges?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure if the oil pressure switch sees oil pressure drop below a certain amount it shuts the engine off to prevent damage

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2