Exhaust set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off the stock y is the biggest restriction from the manifolds back, so I would have a custom, mandrel bent one built, then do a single high flow cat and muffler of your choice with the o2 in the y pipe so its easy to get to.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with the Magnaflow y pipe with hi-flow cats and the magnaflow single catback...the rear section is pretty impressive I think...like 3.5" diameter...and it sounds nice and throaty..best of all its all bolt on and super clean looking

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well his is a '94 so its a totally different setup and that would not work for him.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess if he wanted to do it himself, that is kind of a waste if that isn't a high flow cat.

I had my 2.5" y pipe custom built for $150 and got a high flow cat for $35

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I know mandrel bent is better so now I need to go ask my shop how much it would be to be one up. Plus that would help fix the crimped part that I know is killing my exhaust

And I can't use the magna flow y-pipe on that link because I live in Cali and our wonderful emissions won't allow that to pass because it's only 49 state legal. We can only use 50 state approved stuff

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I dunno what makes it legal or not. I know most stuff has to say C.A.R.B. approved. So if I get the cat with that sticker it's okay to my knowledge. I'm going to swing by my exhaust shop this week and ask some questions