Exhaust set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
So I'm starting to get some ideas and parts to fix my exhaust. I just have a flowmaster 40 series single in dual out but the problem is by my hanger in the front the guy crimped the exhaust to get a bolt in the hanger. I know it's not helping my exhaust flow.

So I just want some ideas on what I should run under my truck. I also have to pass smog lol. Thanks for any help in advance

Reaction score
I am running dual flowmaster 40 series 3" with turndowns. I want to eliminate my cats, no emissions tests here, but I have O2 sensors before and after the cats. I strayed away from flowmaster a couple of times thinking others sounded better but I keep going back to them, for good now. I'd stick with them in my opinion.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I don't think I've put an emissions legal exhaust on a vehicle yet, but eventually I'll need to re-do mine, so I'm interested to see what you come up with...

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I am running dual flowmaster 40 series 3" with turndowns. I want to eliminate my cats, no emissions tests here, but I have O2 sensors before and after the cats. I strayed away from flowmaster a couple of times thinking others sounded better but I keep going back to them, for good now. I'd stick with them in my opinion.

Any tuner can turn off the rear O2s with a new tune. If you don't want to do that just pick up a MIL eliminator.

OP if you aren't wanting a whole new system then just go manifolds to stock Y to cat to one in, two out if you want dual tips. If you want a whole new system and are willing to spend the money on it, go manifold(or headers) to a larger aftermarket Y to a higher flow cat to a one in, two out muffler. An X pipe would just waste money and power since you have to pass emissions. If you go with an X or H pipe you will need two converters to pass emissions and two mufflers which add price and weight.

Reaction score
Any tuner can turn off the rear O2s with a new tune. If you don't want to do that just pick up a MIL eliminator.

OP if you aren't wanting a whole new system then just go manifolds to stock Y to cat to one in, two out if you want dual tips. If you want a whole new system and are willing to spend the money on it, go manifold(or headers) to a larger aftermarket Y to a higher flow cat to a one in, two out muffler. An X pipe would just waste money and power since you have to pass emissions. If you go with an X or H pipe you will need two converters to pass emissions and two mufflers which add price and weight.

Thanks for the info. Tempted.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Okay thanks. Yea I have to fix were the driver side pipe connects to the passenger side in the y. I figured new high flow cat and a single in single out flowmaster 40 series. I just don't know if there is a difference between the single out and dual out

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
a buddy has a SI SI 40 series on his truck its its really quiet and im running a SI DO set up on my truck which is way louder he has a factory tail pipe with a tip and im running duals out at 45's

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Okay. I heared something like the si so has more torque. But I know nothing about exhaust. So now I just need to save up and get some parts. If I keep my 40 I'll just need a new cat and pipes. It currently dumps behind the cab