exhaust guys, help me find a muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
looking for a muffler for my 72 k10. so far ive been picking on friends to help me find something and getting the wholein car experience well most of my friends are race car ls1 guys so with the help of a few lt1 guys ive really always like the super 44's and more so the slp loudmouth 2. price although isnt my favorite on the lm2's though which is my greater of two choices. the 44 is nice but id kinda rather stick with bullets if possible, i dont have a concrete reason for that either. question is does anyone have anything that sound familiar at a slightly better price? i know with slp your paying for a name alot and the quality that stand behind it.

Or does anyone have any other recomendations? and in car video thrashing through some rpms or what not would be great because lets be honest and idling/ rev the piss out of it with it sitting there vid never really does a ton while helping pick exhaust, at least not to me.

exhaust setup will be rather simple, long tubes-x pipe- muffler- straight out the side tucked up and away.

engines nothing special, 9.5:1 compression, 470/490 lift cam 110lsa, -basic dual plane intake, carb

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I`ll say my recommendation, I use the Borla XR-1 40085 and it is easily the best sounding muffler I have ever heard! All S/S and uses 3 in 3 out for the one I got. 5 by 15 case. At idle it is moderate loud, inside at cruise on highway is not even noticable. Outside you can definitely tell you got something there. In the easiest terms, this muffler sounds sort of *exotic* but use the term loosely. Sounds very bassy and just plain awesome. When you hit hard acceleration they really scream.

PS: I have heard a lot of guys with LM`s switching to the borlas. They have even made a nickname for them! Borlamouth swap. $130 at summit and for sure worth it! ZERO drone at any RPM, accel, or anything. Sounds mean, even with no cat.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I wanna hear them with bigger tips. I want to put my 5" tips back on when I body lift but want race bullets. Scared it'll sound like poo like that :bawl:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I Chopped my Flowmaster off and threw on a Cherry bomb Vortex muffler (2.....2 1/2" in 2......2 1/2" out). It has a nice low exhaust note like a flowmaster they still have glasspacks there just made out of better quality materials then they use to.

A while ago somebody bought cherry bomb and re-designed there mufflers, I think they make good quality stuff now and its reasonably priced. I used to be a huge flowmaster fan, it was all I put on.... seat of the pants dyno told me otherwise.

if you want check out there site, they got some dyno numbers and and sound clips Idle, Revving and taking off.

http://www.cherrybomb.com/

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i absolutely cant stand cherry bombs no offense. as for the lm/lm2 swap the LM1's sound like crap to the lm2's. i thought about the xr1 but very pricey and not really the sound im going for with the truck. what i like abot the deltas and lm2 is that at idle you get a perfect note and under heavy throttle they sound like an animal. i like but not raspy but the lm2 is about the perfect amount of everything i think. the 44 seems to be a much softer smoother sound compared to the loudmouth. id consider another type of ullet but id need sound clips or something.

ive been hearing about the dynomax being a close second but havent heard a good sound clip that has sold me on it.