exhaust finally! now questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so i have one question where should i hook up the o2 sensors? is there a specific logic with them? my truck is a 99 k2500 ccsb 5.7 4l80. it has factory dual 3 inch pipe into the behemoth single exit muffler.It has 4 02 sensors. Cats are clogged and muffler is crap so im replacing the cats with two resonators and two SLP Loud Mouth 2's. For now ill be keeping as much factory piping as i can untill i have time to also install my long tube headers.

i know i can tune the o2's out but i haven't gotten that far yet so for now i was thinking for the rear sensors using the non spark fouler trick to help cut down gasses and heat while placing the sensor back a little further to try not throw code and run to rich or lean.

Think this will work?

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I just discussed this with someone not to long ago in a different thread. But I can't seem to find it. But he took the honey comb put of the cat and fit it in the plug fouler spacer and then it was like a mini cat

BLACK&chrome

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just discussed this with someone not to long ago in a different thread. But I can't seem to find it. But he took the honey comb put of the cat and fit it in the plug fouler spacer and then it was like a mini cat

i read something one time also about putting a little steal wool in the fouler also.. anyone ever tried either?

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i read something one time also about putting a little steal wool in the fouler also.. anyone ever tried either?

Just use two non foulers your going to have to drill out the center hole bigger on the fouler no steel wool needed.