Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Weird issue here, when I am in park and press the door lock button on either front doors I get a ding ding ding as long as I hold it down. What should I even check for? The unlock seems to work fine, the door fob does not work at all. I do have a front passenger speed sensor C0221 code showing, does this have anything to do with it? I have no other codes present.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Is the key still in the ignition? I believe it's normal for the BCM in those to inhibit the lock signal if the key is in with the driver door open... Do your radio and windows work?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Radio and wipers work, you can't lock the doors with key off engine off, key off engine on in any gear. You can lock the doors with the key out. With the key off I had the door both shut and open. I put a BCM in it last year, used off ebay was all I could find but it seems to be fine. This obs Escalade doesn't lock the doors at 10 or 15 mph like the newer ones, so not having the ability to lock your doors while the vehicle is running does not seem correct to me.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Your post just rang a bell to me, she keeps the interior lights off, what if the BCM thinks the door is open all the time because maybe a bad sensor, the one that signals the interior lights to go off.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yeah I was about to say, your driver door jamb switch may be broken. The good news is that's easy to test, pull plug on the door jamb switch and try the locks again.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
She has the dome override on, maybe for that reason that they stay on all the time. I'll check some of that tomorrow, thanks for giving me direction when I am lacking reason.