Engine issue and help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So took the alternator bracket out and took the belt off and started the truck and was able to locate the source of the sound and air. Its coming from below the passenger side water pump mounting location.

Any ideas what that could be. it appears to be a tapped hole but now has exhaust coming out of it.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone please know what is going on with my engine.

Something internal fail? or is there a bolt that fell out?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for those that want to know. talked with a 350 engine builder earlier today and had some insight for me.

You must be registered for see images attach

the very bottom hole in the picture had exhaust coming out of it. turns out that there is a head bolt that goes down into the back end of that hole. So it appears that either the had gasket failed where that bolt mounts or the head cracked into that bolt passage.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I've never heard of that before. No wonder you've been pulling your hair out trying to figure it out. Time for a teardown and keep us posted.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with Byron. I looks like you are going to be pulling the heads. If your lucky, it's just bad head gaskets. Resurface the heads, and new gaskets, If you lucky. Keep us posted.