Engine covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Blow Smoke
Reaction score
Since I am going with an SS theme I am Looking at buying a Trailblazer SS engine cover and modifying it to fit over my 5.7l Some how so it could be easily removed if needed. Anybody put a cover on the old 5.7? Pics? Im sure somebody has done it.

Sent from my toilet

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I've always been happy not to have to mess with those damn things on these trucks. Just one more thing to do every time you have to work on it. To each their own, though.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Why on earth would you want to do that? If I ever get a truck with an engine cover it's coming off. I want to see an engine, not a piece of plastic when I open the hood.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the newer motors look very clean with the engine covers. Id like to see what you come up with if you try it. I thought of making one out of fiberglass but never got around to it.

Only problem I see is the newer motors that use the engine covers have the throttle body facing forward. The motors in these trucks have the throttle body facing up so you have to have it kind of tall.

A lot of people making engine covers out of metal for the older motors in hot rods, maybe search around an get some ideas from that