Engine build advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all brand new to the furum. So i recently acquired a 99 z71 burb (project/baby) to match my 95 z71 truck (work hauler). Im wanting to start getting ideas for engine mods on the burban. So far its all original a bit higher in the miles but never misses a tic. Im a bit leaning towards pulling the engine and pulling the trigger on 383 with a small~ish turbo on it just to get me to an easy 500 crank horse although im really wanting pretty good low down torgue. I know with enough rpm thats possible na but i really dont want something screaming just to accelerate. So for some of you that have boosted these l31 engines how have you gone about doing it? I already know upgrade the injection which is number one on the list come pay day but open to suggestions.

Also open to an engine swap im just waying the options or rather cost of keeping the current engine or swaping.

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that level of expected power output, you may also want to look into a transmission upgrade. Whatever you decide, please keep us in the loop, as I know I'd like to see/read what you come up with!

:)