electric fan, stock fan clutch, flex fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95chvystrt

Reaction score
Simple question, witch one do I go with. Also I am curious about and electric water pump. This will be on an everyday street strip daily driver. I am wanting opinions and facts pros and cons.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had problems with both electric and flex fans keeping my motor cool but than again the truck is supercharged.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Daily driver?

A properly working stock clutch fan works as good as electrics. Essentially freewheels when cold and clutches up when warm. It's also bolt it on a forget it for 60-100,000 miles.

You can get away with electrics on a daily no problem if that is your preference though. A little mounting work, a little wiring, a means of activating them and you're off to the races. OEM's use them and get the full warranty period out of 'em so they last just fine. As long as you get good quality units that is....

Water pump?

Stick with an engine driven unit of a daily would be my recommendation. Electrics are pretty much limited to strip use IMHO although I know guys who run them on the street.

For my dollar, there's not much point to them unless you're trying to free up every last pony for the rear wheels.

Just my .02.........:)

clubber

Reaction score
Don't go with a flex fan. I had one and they are way loud and don't cool as good as the stock one. Water pumps, IDK.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the push fan in front of the rad and a pull behind... O and a 4 core radiator...

I went with the biggest rad that i could find along with a factory HD fan and fan clutch with a 180 stat the truck on the hottest days never goes over 200