EGR valve ??? two wire or three wire? CONFUSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alaskaburb

Reaction score
I have a 1993 K2500 suburban 4x4 base. All of the diagrams I find show an EGR solenoid with a two wire connection and mine has a three wire solenoid. I ordered a harness for a three wire heated O2 sensor with a great design that Ts into the EGR harness since it is fused and ignition switched. Great idea! My harness arrived and I raced out to get it installed and my EGR solenoid has a three wire plug going to it. I assumed the new harness was wrong but it appears after some research that most EGR connections are 2 wire.

What the heck do I have going on here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Alaskaburb

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So here is what I have. Apparently this is the EGR solenoid most commonly found on 454 and 4.3 engines. I am not sure why it found a home on my 5.7 though.

The eBay seller ctmss4284 makes very clean high quality electrical parts for our vehicles. He called me directly to work through this and is making up what I need custom.