EGR Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a 1999 Tahoe 2DR 2WD recently installed a set of JBA Headers Competition-Ready Headers 6830SJT and at the time removed the EGR Tube that runs into the intake manifold. The "Service Engine Soon" light was on constantly for insufficient EGR flow.

Got sick of it and built a custom EGR Tube out of 5/8" aluminum tubing using an unused O2 port in the headers. Everything was fine for awhile. Then the "Service Engine Soon" light came back on but this time for excessive EGR flow. Today finally tracked it down to the fitting going into the header had worked loose. Upon attempting to tighten the #!@$ing thing the aluminum tube collapsed and twisted!

What all this breaks down to is this. CAN I HAVE THE EGR SYSTEM DELETED FROM THE COMPUTER WITHOUT SEEING THIS DAMN LIGHT ANYMORE? And will I have to have any other systems deleted to get rid of the "Service Engine Soon" light?

Thanks for your help and saving my sanity!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a 1999 Tahoe 2DR 2WD recently installed a set of JBA Headers Competition-Ready Headers 6830SJT and at the time removed the EGR Tube that runs into the intake manifold. The "Service Engine Soon" light was on constantly for insufficient EGR flow.

Got sick of it and built a custom EGR Tube out of 5/8" aluminum tubing using an unused O2 port in the headers. Everything was fine for awhile. Then the "Service Engine Soon" light came back on but this time for excessive EGR flow. Today finally tracked it down to the fitting going into the header had worked loose. Upon attempting to tighten the #!@$ing thing the aluminum tube collapsed and twisted!

What all this breaks down to is this. CAN I HAVE THE EGR SYSTEM DELETED FROM THE COMPUTER WITHOUT SEEING THIS DAMN LIGHT ANYMORE? And will I have to have any other systems deleted to get rid of the "Service Engine Soon" light?

Thanks for your help and saving my sanity!
You can have it tuned out for a few hundred bucks. The good news is you'll be able to tune it for better fuel economy and/or power at the same time for no additional cost.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I went though Black Bear Performance and runs awesome now! Getting ready to do my next round of mods to the engine soon!