efan install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

primal1

Reaction score
radiator sprung a leak. so i'm replacing it and figured why not install my 2 16" efans that have been laying around. can someone post some pics of how they mounted theirs. the way i see it, i'm not using the shroud anymore. so i need to make some brackets.

primal1

Reaction score
i got everything apart. then when i put in the new radiator, i found the new radiator had, on the passenger side when installed, 1/4" ports for the tranny cooler opposed to the 3/8" lines my truck has.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

greystoke

Reaction score
kevhill....where did you get this fan setup? looks like it would work great as well as it looks fantastic !! oh, i just saw they are dual summit 10" fans, I didn't find them on the site and is that shroud custom or part of a package?

Last edited:

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
The only reason I went with this kit was to get rid of the crapie radiator that come in this trucks. The plastic tanks are crap on the these radiators

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres some pics of mine. I had pretty much the exact same thing happen so I replaced the radiator and fans, then built an external cooler for the tranny, the the oil, it got out of hand a little, lol. I got the radiator from a member on the 454SS site, he gets all kinds of stuff. It's a direct replacement aluminum radiator with aluminum tanks. I think that the radiators are different for our trucks though, than the regular trucks.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Same as 454ssguy I am running an external trany cooler. Here a photo on the cooler

narizon

Reaction score
No double fans here but a single FORD Mark8 fan mounted inside the '89 OEM shroud,cools it down real quick.......Nice & loud...........
In Truck

mounted in OEM shroud compared to stock Mark8 fan