ECM Chip Swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddaxe

If it don't go... chrome it..!!
Reaction score
Just curious.. can you use a chip from an 88 350 manual trans in a 93 ecm that has an auto trans..?? I have a chance to horse trade a Dynamic EFI EBL tuning setup.. if the chip swap won't work.. I'm going to be swapping the 88 manual & engine into the 93.. as the trans is near pooched... I know the connections to the sensors are different between those years.. but I will switch to the 93 sensors & TBI unit as well..
any thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The chip goes with the computer (stock), but if the computer is a standalone then it seems to me it's be a moot point.

ddaxe

Reaction score
The chip goes with the computer (stock), but if the computer is a standalone then it seems to me it's be a moot point.

I understand that.. but.. I know I can't just put the 88 ECM in the 93.. because the harnesses are different.. I know I can reposition the pins in an 88 engine harness to work with the 93 puter.. but seems like a daunting task...
I have 7 trucks of different years.. so I have many options... At this point.. the auto is coming out.. and the manual is going in...
maybe I'm overthinking this...
I'll get it to work one way or another...

ddaxe

Reaction score
Ok... I think I have the answer ...
No... totally different
You must be registered for see images attach

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93/94 prom for manual tranny should work. My 94's 4l60e is starting to go too, I was thinking of doing something similar or maybe looking for a th-400.

ddaxe

Reaction score
93/94 prom for manual tranny should work. My 94's 4l60e is starting to go too, I was thinking of doing something similar or maybe looking for a th-400.

that's what I'm hoping... presently, I have a 454/4L80e original to the truck in a 93. but I have an 88 350/Nv3500 that I want to put in instead..and I have a 94 with a 350/4L60e... So having no 93 350 chip.. I am hoping the 94 350 chip will work. I've pulled all the other sensors & TBI from the 94 as well as the 5 rib pulleys.. pretty sure it will work.. I'm seriously considering getting that dynamic EFI EBL then I could burn the proper bin... and fine tune it as well..