Teach me BASIC ecm....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The PCM I have marked "ANLY" was from a diesel. Thus the reason it does not show up on gearhead.
Here is the chip in mine.
BCC : ANLY
EPROM : 16125477
PROM ID : 5478
SCAN ID : 5871
Manufacturer Part Number
Brand
O E M
Engine Size
5.7L, 350 CI, L05
Used with OEM computer numbers
1227747, 88999146
FOR USE IN THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION:
C1500 R1500 V1500
PROM ID
OEM Broadcast Code
ANLY
Transmission Type
Automatic 700R4, MD8
EPROM #
Model Year(s)
Scan ID

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, the chip on the right, inside the plastic holder, is your EPROM or BCC which is programmable. You can pry the holder and chip off the circuit board to swap chips. They're a 24 pin chip (the flash chips are 28 pin) so, be real careful when removing the it from the plastic holder (which is unobtainable anymore).

It's Probably an 86 ECM but more were made after that too since. TBI was 1st offered in 86, that particular one was used in up to 90 or 91 (I think)
Here is the chip in mine BELOW. the motor is just mild, headers, slight stall in the convertor, Rear end gears from what I can figure out is in the area of 373 or 373 plus.... Runs great, very quick for what it is. Hits second ,third hard, BUT 4th comes in way to soon...... Would that stock chip be for different gears? or is there a way to adjust the 4th on cable ETC... I can't get the numbers off the other hardware chip you called it? truck is stored away for winter.

BCC : ANLY
EPROM : 16125477
PROM ID : 5478
SCAN ID : 5871
Manufacturer Part Number
Brand
O E M
Engine Size
5.7L, 350 CI, L05
Used with OEM computer numbers
1227747, 88999146
FOR USE IN THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION:
C1500 R1500 V1500
PROM ID
OEM Broadcast Code
ANLY
Transmission Type
Automatic 700R4, MD8
EPROM #
Model Year(s)
Scan ID

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you, Just for the heck of it as a test I ordered this yesterday..
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jet-28913s?rrec=true#overview
That won't fit your truck,looks like it's for OBDII.
EBL is the easiest way to tune OBDI. It will also allow you to use a wide band O2 sensor. Or you can do what I'm planning to do and upgrade to the 16197427 ECM that runs at the faster baud rate and uses the 27FS512 EEPROMS. The downside is you have to erase and reflash chips until you get it dialed in. EEPROMS are electrically erasable so you don't have to buy a ultra violet chip eraser. Either way you have to buy a chip burner.(not with the EBL)

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That won't fit your truck,looks like it's for OBDII.
EBL is the easiest way to tune OBDI. It will also allow you to use a wide band O2 sensor. Or you can do what I'm planning to do and upgrade to the 16197427 ECM that runs at the faster baud rate and uses the 27FS512 EEPROMS. The downside is you have to erase and reflash chips until you get it dialed in. EEPROMS are electrically erasable so you don't have to buy a ultra violet chip eraser. Either way you have to buy a chip burner.(not with the EBL)
IDK, it say's fits 89...? Another one I looked at said 95, because of the tranny difference. The pic is just a pic they seem to use for all of them, Is that why ya say won't fit?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Runs great, very quick for what it is. Hits second ,third hard, BUT 4th comes in way to soon...... Would that stock chip be for different gears? or is there a way to adjust the 4th on cable ETC...
You may be able to tighten the TV cable a notch or two but, if it's shifting hard in 2 - 3 it's already tight or, something else is going on internally. I'm not a transmission guru, maybe someone else can chime in?

That chip is programmed for gear ratio but, there may be other parameters, like California car with the A.i.R. (Air Injection Reaction) pump, SA, VE. etc. Maybe some other stuff. It's a good idea to upload your chip's .bin and run the comparison utility in TunerPro RT to see.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may be able to tighten the TV cable a notch or two but, if it's shifting hard in 2 - 3 it's already tight or, something else is going on internally. I'm not a transmission guru, maybe someone else can chime in?

That chip is programmed for gear ratio but, there may be other parameters, like California car with the A.i.R. (Air Injection Reaction) pump, SA, VE. etc. Maybe some other stuff. It's a good idea to upload your chip's .bin and run the comparison utility in TunerPro RT to see.
How is the cable adjusted? at tranny or at TBI? The hard hits at gears are just the valve body work done is all.