Ebay SS shorty headers 95 Tahoe 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Not here ace.... Everyone is very simple to get to except #8. Sure you can get a wrench on it to a point but not to break it loose and once the new one gets threaded on into the head, it's impossible to fully tighten. I'm not even gonna tell y'all what I had to do to snug it tight... Trust me this is by far my first go around with Chevy headers. Think I'd rather change plugs on a 2v or 3v Ford than fight my #8 cylinder on Green.

Your not going to tell us what you had to do? That defeats the purpose of this thread, defeats the purpose of this site even. Thanks I suppose

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How are you guys having so much trouble changing plugs? I never found it that hard at all...

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Your not going to tell us what you had to do? That defeats the purpose of this thread, defeats the purpose of this site even. Thanks I suppose

That's a truly heart touching post LOL.... Only thing you left out was calling me Un-American :slap:

Take some channel-locks, grab the head of the sparkplug and snug down the best you can without breaking it. There..... Now we can be friends again. :gr_grin:

^5spd, my #8 tube is just entirely too close to the spark plug, prolly just a manufacture flaw on just mine but they work for now. I've seen several other sets in person, no one else has this problem so I think it's just mine.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
That's a truly heart touching post LOL.... Only thing you left out was calling me Un-American :slap:

Take some channel-locks, grab the head of the sparkplug and snug down the best you can without breaking it. There..... Now we can be friends again. :gr_grin:

^5spd, my #8 tube is just entirely too close to the spark plug, prolly just a manufacture flaw on just mine but they work for now. I've seen several other sets in person, no one else has this problem so I think it's just mine.

LOL. I'm not American - so calling you Un-American would be a :nono: But thanks for spittin' out the goods, ya yankee! :lol:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
LOL. I'm not American - so calling you Un-American would be a :nono: But thanks for spittin' out the goods, ya yankee! :lol:

Ha, yeah I guess you wouldn't know then and I wouldn't have it any other way. But if you wanna ***** or mouth me, do it in a PM and keep the BS out of the thread and on topic. Sorry Mods.... Back to the Ebay headers.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Ha, yeah I guess you wouldn't know then and I wouldn't have it any other way. But if you wanna ***** or mouth me, do it in a PM and keep the BS out of the thread and on topic. Sorry Mods.... Back to the Ebay headers.

Honestly don't know where this came from. I'm not bitching or mouthing you off. You said you wouldn't tell us how you got the plug out, when it's a thread about headers, regarding clearance and fitment issues. Why post if your not trying to help, teach, or learn something.. But whatever.. hopefully it is just your set of headers that are slightly off, and the rest of us won't have problems

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Edelbrocks I have are tight on the back two, but are very easy to get with a 5/8" spark plug socket, and a box end wrench. Infact I do that for just about every plug. Im not sure how the ebay ones are in that area though.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
The Edelbrocks I have are tight on the back two, but are very easy to get with a 5/8" spark plug socket, and a box end wrench. Infact I do that for just about every plug. Im not sure how the ebay ones are in that area though.

Naw man, you can't even get a socket on my rear one at all. Like I said, it's a serious pain.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for me I cannot see how the stock y-pipe needs that much work, now as I said mine had none, they cut the y off and used the factory ends at the manifolds about 6 inches of pipe and the flange on mine, they bolted up perfectly, I have manifolds on it before, now the shorten or widen part I can understand since mines duals, but the ends being different no clue how or why that's like that.

I do also know when I ordered dounut gaskets for it for an 88 tbi, they would not fit, they were too small, came from autozone off the shelf stuff they pulled from their computer.

I removed my plugs before installing my headers to keep from breaking any of my new plugs, then reinstall was rough on both sides on both rear ones, cylinders 6,8 and 5,7 but a slightly offset boxed end worked perfectly.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memorex