e fans really worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
wait until summer before you make this statement....1500 cfm will get you by in cooler weather, but you will be overheating in the summertime...ask me how i know...
alright so what you think? 2 staggered 12 inch fans maybe? saw a link to an ebay seller on here before, whiteperformance1 or skip white (same guy) like i could get parts for a 2 fan set up for like $120 shipped roughly. hows that sound?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Peformance and mileage increase from Efans is not significant or measureable.

Nothing will cool your truck as well as a properly functioning mechanical fan.

:think: I noticed about a 1MPG gain with my efan. and a little bit better throttle response.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
alright so what you think? 2 staggered 12 inch fans maybe? saw a link to an ebay seller on here before, whiteperformance1 or skip white (same guy) like i could get parts for a 2 fan set up for like $120 shipped roughly. hows that sound?

It's not how many or how large they are....it's the CFM rating of the fans that is crucial...the stock mechanical fan puts out quite a bit of air, pretty much impossible to match with any electric fan, but the stock mech fan runs all the time, which really isn't needed at anything over 30mph...this is where the e-fan has the advantage, for the most part they dont run while you are driving..

I used a single 16" fan from a 95 thunderbird....rated at 4500cfm...it has absolutely no problem keeping the truck cool down even on the hottest days...when it kicks on, i can literally watch my temp gauge go down while sitting in traffic..prior to this setup, it had a set of twin fans from a nissan car, they pulled approx. 1500cfm....they ran almost all the time in summer traffic, never being able to get the temp below my fan controllers preset shut off temp, and almost overheated the truck a few times in heavy downtown nashville traffic...

with that being said, do some research on stock and aftermarket e-fan cfm ratings, then make your decision based on your findings...

Reaction score

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have a local pick a part or junkyard that would be my first choice to go and try to find a OEM fan. LS1 and taurus/mark VIII fans have been proven to work very well. i got my set of LS1 fans for around $55 and been working for nearly a year in houston weather. taurus and the mark VIII fans are mainly the same fan but the mark VIII is 18" vs the taurus's 16". also a good sugestion to upgrade to a ad244 alt from a 05' 2500. it puts out 140 amps and can do nearly 100 amps when cold. plus there are some rebuild kits you can buy to boost the power up to ~200 amps for ~$130

as for this last year i was following a guy on another forum that bought these and they weren't up for the job if i remember correctly.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
efan = less drag on the motor. A lil gain in hp maybe but nothing huge. really wanna take more drag off your pullies/motor you can get a electric waterpump but theyre pretty pricey. Dunno bout our trucks cuz i'm new to em but on a ls1 they claim 5-7 hp gain but thats usually rated at the crank lol