E fan conversion using 0411 pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking of using some efans from an 06 silverado and I'm installing a 0411 pcm soon, what all do I need to get them to run automatically from the pcm? Do I need relays and such or do they wire straight to the pcm?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't even think of hooking the fan directly to the PCM.

https://www.bp-automotive.com/product/1999-2006-gm-trucksuv-fan-harness/

https://www.bp-automotive.com/product/1999-2002-silverado-sierra-yukon-tahoe-suburban-ac-update-kit/

This is what you need to get it done correctly. Then you need a modified PCM file to run them correctly. You will need to relocate the OEM a/c pressure switch on the a/c manifold, install the transducer in the old fitting and wire the transducer to the PCM. I relocated the high pressure cutout switch to the rear fitting in compressor body on my Tahoe using an Express van high pressure cutout switch and pigtail and left the manual switches to control to the compressor. Let the a/c pressure transducer control the fans. Obviously you need to recover the system, vacuum it out when done and recharge it.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Don't even think of hooking the fan directly to the PCM.

https://www.bp-automotive.com/product/1999-2006-gm-trucksuv-fan-harness/

https://www.bp-automotive.com/product/1999-2002-silverado-sierra-yukon-tahoe-suburban-ac-update-kit/

This is what you need to get it done correctly. Then you need a modified PCM file to run them correctly. You will need to relocate the OEM a/c pressure switch on the a/c manifold, install the transducer in the old fitting and wire the transducer to the PCM. I relocated the high pressure cutout switch to the rear fitting in compressor body on my Tahoe using an Express van high pressure cutout switch and pigtail and left the manual switches to control to the compressor. Let the a/c pressure transducer control the fans. Obviously you need to recover the system, vacuum it out when done and recharge it.
Well if you don't know how don't make stuff up!:p

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if you don't know how don't make stuff up!:p
Thats how to make it work factory like while keeping the analog cycling compressor setup. Several people have bypassed the high pressure switch and wired the two wires together but that leaves the system prone to over pressure if the fans fail. Also without the pressure transducer you can only get low-fan speed via the PCM until the engine comes up to full temp.

I have done about 4 of these swaps so far.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what you'll need. Those links are for good products but I cheaped out and used factory stuff from donor vehicle for my swap

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats how to make it work factory like while keeping the analog cycling compressor setup. Several people have bypassed the high pressure switch and wired the two wires together but that leaves the system prone to over pressure if the fans fail. Also without the pressure transducer you can only get low-fan speed via the PCM until the engine comes up to full temp.

The 2nd link for the transducer harness. Does it come with the pressure switch?

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score

I was just being silly. Sorry.

The answer was very thorough and I will refer back to it for my customers.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 2nd link for the transducer harness. Does it come with the pressure switch?
Yes sir, sure does. They have a couple of ways to add the necessary fitting to the high side as well. GMT400s with Vortecs just happen to have a factory fitting that size already in the high side a/c manifold. They make a dryer with the fitting for older cars or add on aftermarket a/c systems like Vintage Air or Old Air. Then they make a crimp in tee. I have the crimp in version for my Express van. Finally the have an option you can weld in with a heliarc.

https://www.bp-automotive.com/product-category/air-conditioning/

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats exactly what you'll need. Those links are for good products but I cheaped out and used factory stuff from donor vehicle for my swap
Would have gone that route if all the factory ones I have run across were not already butchered beyond use.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the details on relocating the a/c high pressure switch. I think it cuts the a/c around the 250-280 psi ball park and is also a backup low pressure cut-off. Much safer for the system and possibly you to relocate the cutout switch to the compressor and wire it back in. The PCM does not provide low or high pressure protection for the system.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach