e-brake cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trying to connect to the parking brake cables. can someone explain what atomic meant
Atomic said:
Take them off the backplate...put them on the hook thing first then pull and slide them to the backing plate.

this is rediculous i need to get these things back on, im not gunna be one of those hacks out there that just leaves them off

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
everyone i ride with i ***** to them constantly about their e brakes,

people dont even seem to notice that when they park ion a hill and put it in park

the entire load of the vehicle rests on u joints and output shafts and housings

even on flat ground the parking brake should be set

my 96 has cut cables- to be fixed..

but i had a 90 c1500 that was the biggest beater ever but i LOVED the truck because the one thing that always worked perfect and flawless was the parking brake

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
I replaced the right side last week and was pissed off the the replacment didn't have the adjusting nut like factory nut (old nut was rusted and unuseable)

I installed the cable in the clamps on the shock mount and rearend the placed the cable in the backing plate and hooked it up to the aculator lastly hooked up the deal under the cab and TRYED to adjust it tight. It workes but not as tight as I wanted it.
Steve

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
trying to connect to the parking brake cables. can someone explain what atomic meant

this is rediculous i need to get these things back on, im not gunna be one of those hacks out there that just leaves them off

I believe he means leave it disconnected from the backplate, the shielding that is

Run the cable through the backplate hole and connect it to the 'hook thing' (wherever it attaches to the brakes on the inside)

Then snap in the shielding to the backplate

Then hook it up to the cable running along the frame

... i've never done this before but i'm imagining this is what he meant

I will probably be doing mine tomorrow and i can confirm then.