Dumb questions only smart people ask them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reality I learned one thing there is no successing as a dumb question. Only a smart person would ask a dumb question because they learn more from the question you say holding their peace. Earlier today I was at the planet fitness and I was looking for a place to charge my phone. Turns out the desk clerk says the treadmills have AUS B port
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Herbert Garrison

Yes; I'd have to agree the stupid ones are the ones that would never ask the question in the first place. Never stop learning, even if you feel stupid asking something. At work, I'm the guy that will take rookies and tell them, if I see you are willing to put forth a solid effort, I will teach/show you anything. I do not suffer from job insecurity. My job "security" is that I work hard and try to never stop learning. Once we think we know everything, we're doomed.. (edit - btw this coming from someone creeping up on 20 years in my particular field, you think I would have an "I know everything" attitude, but I always - always - try to keep learning)

Richard

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a stupid question:

How come there are more horses a$$es than horses heads?
They multiply, like "Corvette motors" - more ever produced than actual Corvettes. And it's an engine, if you wanna split technical hairs, but we so often use the wrong terminology. It's OK. I don't even have a community college degree, so I'm not trying to high-cap on anyone.. but they did tell me I scored in the "top 10%" of GED scores. I do recall smirking and asking the lady, "So you're telling me I scored in the top 10% of dropouts?" :D

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
but they did tell me I scored in the "top 10%" of GED scores.

You too, huh? :anitoof:

I dreaded taking that test so bad that I put it off for almost a year. Still not sure why. When I finally went and did it I finished in half the allowed time and scored in the top 3% IIRC.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You too, huh? :anitoof:

I dreaded taking that test so bad that I put it off for almost a year. Still not sure why. When I finally went and did it I finished in half the allowed time and scored in the top 3% IIRC.
I waited about 17~18 years, so I was at a bit of a disadvantage. That's some stale knowledge, and to be perfectly honest I'm pretty sure I slept through most of my last couple years of actual school so let's just go ahead and say 20 years. :rolleyes:

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why are all these threads in the feedback/help section?
A perfectly legitimate question and not even a stupid one. But I guess OP (Tommy) stirring the conversation wherever it happens so it's hard for me to argue with that. This seems to be one of the most misused sections of the forum, or maybe that's the genius behind it.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why are all these threads in the feedback/help section?

Wild guess... I think Tommy has been putting them here because he hasn't been here for six months yet, and therefore doesn't know "The Lounge" exists. I thought about moving them over there once, but remembered that if I did that he'd lose access to them until September so I just left them alone.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wild guess... I think Tommy has been putting them here because he hasn't been here for six months yet, and therefore doesn't know "The Lounge" exists. I thought about moving them over there once, but remembered that if I did that he'd lose access to them until September so I just left them alone.
Wait there's a lounge section I should have asked about that earlier thanks for letting me know I'll wait until September.