Dull wheels need help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Hey guys im in need of some help here!! I have a set of american racing nitro wheels that are in bad shape. But I don't want to give up on them cuz they were basically free. Ive polished on them off and on and haven't made much progress. What's going to be the best way to get the shine back in them? I've heard acid and wet sanding. I don't have much free time lately so an easy process is appreciated.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys im in need of some help here!! I have a set of american racing nitro wheels that are in bad shape. But I don't want to give up on them cuz they were basically free. Ive polished on them off and on and haven't made much progress. What's going to be the best way to get the shine back in them? I've heard acid and wet sanding. I don't have much free time lately so an easy process is appreciated.

Acid worked in with steel wool does wonders :waytogo: You can buy it at most truck dealers (Motor Trucks/International around here). Then polish with a power ball and call it a day!

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Is there a clear coat on that wheel? If so, the first step will be to chemically remove that.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
I dont think there is a clear coat. And where do I find acid? Oriellys here in town doesnt carry it and the farm store doesnt have any. Havent had time to go into my normal parts store yet

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can find aluminum acid at most big rig dealers (Kenworth, Freightliner, and International). Most auto parts stores don't carry it.