Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
got the bed brace notched over the axle and over the c-notches.
Again....if you plan on doing this yourself, take the damn bed off!!!! If you don't have friends, family or buddies that can help, throw an add online for help taking it off. Seriously, this is hands down the best piece of advice I can give other than starting out on a rust free truck.

Looked at the shock extension issue again and am super flustered. Posted pics in the lowering section.
Going to bolt the bed down now and probably call it a night. Unless I get the itch to figure out the transmission spacer puzzle.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Down where I used to live anyone that needed to turn a boat over would drive around town and pick up anyone that wasn't busy and we'd all go and turn the mans boat over which kicked off a party of drinking and throwing shoes and uh,,,,,,,whatever.
Lol.....it kinda used to be like that around here. But in the 20yrs I was gone, everyone I know went off and got married, kids, moved etc.
All the gearheads used to just cruise "the circuit" Friday and Saturday night. If you need anything you just stopped someone and told them where the beer and garage was and stuff got done.... eventually. Lol
The old days.....

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well she's off the stands, temporary at least and wearing her new shoes!!!!
Emailed Belltech about the extension issue, so waiting to hear back from them about it.
Only has one shock on for now, but the ones that came off were beond useless anyway. And I'm not driving it anywhere anytime soon. Actually calling for snow here tonight and tomorrow. It honestly won't see the streets until spring I'm sure.
The tranny spacer has yet to be tackled, but that won't affect it sitting there for the winter.
Now onto a concern of mine.
The front is about 2.5" higher measured to the fender lip. We took the generator and welding table out of the back and it didn't make a difference. I'm leaning towards jacking the front up next week and loosening all the control arm bolts. Only snugged them up to begin with. I really don't wanna take the springs back out and take the spacer off.
So does anyone have measurements front and back to the fender lips with a 4/6 drop and essentially stock tire size.
I'm 30" in the front and 27.25" in the rear.
I definitely don't want a squatty truck!!!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yea! Looks great!

I’d say the suspension needs to settle. You can bounce on the front bumper several times Too help but driving it around would make the most difference.

Also, torque the control arms at ride height. You can put the Jack under the ball joint and lift till it’s starts to pick the truck off the Jack stands.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heck yea! Looks great!

I’d say the suspension needs to settle. You can bounce on the front bumper several times Too help but driving it around would make the most difference.

Also, torque the control arms at ride height. You can put the Jack under the ball joint and lift till it’s starts to pick the truck off the Jack stands.
Ya, I stood on the bumper and bounced a bunch of times, but I'm a wee little lad...so don't think it made much of a difference. I think next weekend I'll put 6x6s under the tires, loosen the arms up, bounce and torque it up. And see how it goes. I reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyy don't wanna take it all apart and remove the spring spacer.

Reaction score
well she's off the stands, temporary at least and wearing her new shoes!!!!
Emailed Belltech about the extension issue, so waiting to hear back from them about it.
Only has one shock on for now, but the ones that came off were beond useless anyway. And I'm not driving it anywhere anytime soon. Actually calling for snow here tonight and tomorrow. It honestly won't see the streets until spring I'm sure.
The tranny spacer has yet to be tackled, but that won't affect it sitting there for the winter.
Now onto a concern of mine.
The front is about 2.5" higher measured to the fender lip. We took the generator and welding table out of the back and it didn't make a difference. I'm leaning towards jacking the front up next week and loosening all the control arm bolts. Only snugged them up to begin with. I really don't wanna take the springs back out and take the spacer off.
So does anyone have measurements front and back to the fender lips with a 4/6 drop and essentially stock tire size.
I'm 30" in the front and 27.25" in the rear.
I definitely don't want a squatty truck!!!
I am in love with the color of the truck! Looks pretty similar to my buddy’s truck’s color. Do you know the name of the blue color?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am in love with the color of the truck! Looks pretty similar to my buddy’s truck’s color. Do you know the name of the blue color?
Thanks, I have alway received complements on the color, especially from the ladies!!!
I believe it's Bahama blue metallic.
Have only seen a handful of them around here, and only 1 stepsides about 20 yrs ago. I'm pretty sure it was only for the Sierra ST package. But I may be wrong on that.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn’t realize this was a Sierra ST. Very jealous.

Anyways, I didn’t get a photo of my mounts for you. I’m so sorry about that. I was on a front-end mission. Tomorrow I will.