Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I called the shop and apologized for only getting 3/4 of the knockouts out. They hope to get it done today or tomorrow. And they will make sure it stays indoors until it's done.

Told them if it doesn't get done by Friday, I'll pick it up Saturday, tear it apart and get the last knockout taken care of. Then make another appointment. I really hope they get it done...I just wanna cruze!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a call on my way home today the truck was done. Yay!!!
What was supposed to be a $160 alignment turned into a $380 one!! Boooooo!!! Lol
But I guess he reworked the brake lines so they wouldn't get bound up, sure, whatever. And had to deal with taking the one knockout out so some time involved there. My bad.
Main point is it's home tucked in snuggly in the garage as the weather is about to turn pretty crappy. Some rain and high winds. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday are nicer and get the pig out for a rip! See how she rides at speed!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Roll the fenders with a bat, and slowly. Smoothly. Get too aggressive and the paint will crack, be patient. It's the best and easiest way to clearance them.
Piss!!!!! I was gonna buy one in the city before I came home.
Damn are they expensive new, was going to try and find a used sporting goods store to pick one up.
I'm not so worried about the paint, obviously I don't wanna destroy it completely, but a paint job is on the agenda.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These to get it started an dead blow hammer work great too......

CXGS Paintless Dent Repair Kit Car Door Fender Edge Repair Tool Auto Body Pliers Heavy Duty Car Door Panel Fix Tool Portable Metal Crimp Vise Car Fender Panel Leaf Edge Pliers Repair Tools Green https://a.co/d/5D2uyv8

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, borrowed a bat from pa-in-law, woman went in and got it and tossed it in the back of the truck, I didn't even see it. I just went and grabbed it, it's a little T-ball bat!!! Lol
So went to see if it would even do anything, nope!!!! I can run it over top of the tire and it barely contacts the fender.
So I kinda just pried up a bit wherever I could. I don't think it did much of anything. I can fit my hand between the tire and fender without touching. So I'm not too worried right now about clearance issues.

Took her out for a spin, got out on the highway for about 10min, and then just cruised around town for a bit.
It's definitely NOT like the "old" days. On a Friday or Saturday night, everyone was out cruising through a loop we did through downtown and back on the highway that cuts through town. Just a big clockwise loop. Didn't see anyone with any sort of decent vehicle out.
What the hell is wrong with kids today?!?!?! Lol

But definitely putting the rag joint inspection/replacement on my radar! Forgot about the 1/8 of a turn of the wheel before anything happens. Lol

The mirrors are tiny! Wow. But that's why I got them, so really shouldn't be a surprise. Would NOT recommend them on anything bigger than a RCSB! They didn't vibrate as much as I thought they would. Or maybe I'm just used to the mirrors on my former Harley. So shouldn't be an issue for me.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear you’re out making miles!
Thanks....it was awesome, got a few thumbs u p and waves.

Did come to the conclusion that having the phone sitting on the seat just isn't going to cut it at all!
Something will be done about that in a very short amount of time.
Just have to decide if I rip it's old system out of the Megacab or start semi fresh. Still have some bits and bobbles of gear laying around the garage.
The thought of tearing out and replacing the stock stuff in the Megacab isn't appealing to me at this point. Picking up a small amp and set of 4x6's is probably the way I'll head.
Less downtime and more drive time! Lol