drop hangers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you do a flip in the back, and the roads are as bad as you say they are, you will definitely need a notch. Lots of guys have tryed with out it and they say it will rattle your brain on every little bump
I have 2" springs up front and 2" shack and 2" hangers in the back and I want to go lower.
As far as tires, you should be fine, may have to do a little rolling in the inner lip of the fender.
All counts on what back spacing you have, some one els will have to chime in on that one though.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
what size tires are you guys running with a 4/6 drop........ I want some sidewall..... I wanted to run 255/50/20 front and 295/45/20 rear will that fit ?

and I don't need to notch anything............Im crazy like that!!

You're gonna need a mouth-guard without a notch @ 4/6! Lol! Mine at 4/6 with a frame notch, but no cross-member notch made driving it a bit of a bear. People behind me cursing & shaking their fists as I crept over speed bumps. I actually bent the cross-member & pushed the floor of the box up, over the 6 months that I drove it without the C/M notch. Soon as we made the first cut, the box literally went 'Boing' & popped back to original shape.

20X8.5 & 20X10. 255/45's & 295/40's. Both sizes have a 6" sidewall.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
All my fender lips have been rolled. The spot that the front tires will hit after that, is the back bottom side of the fender well. Can be finessed into shape with some judicial use of a BFH. ('Ford wrench!') The rears will be fine.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everybody must have better roads than me because yall want to go lower...im a lil on edge on going lower than a 4/6.... My last silvy was a scsb dropped 4/6 and I loved it but now my truck is longer and heavier so I don't know what to expect...I hate getting high centered and crossing driveways and all that crap............But I love the look lol
Longer and heavier shouldn't have "to much" of an effect over you scsb. also mabey a good set of air shocks should give you a little adjustment on the ride quality

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, my truck was already dropped 4/6 and has a notched bed and DJM c notch aswell.... there is no way I would roll without a notch lol....
You must be registered for see images attach

I want to run the Boss 338 20x8.5 front and 10's in the rear with a fat tire , I just love the look..........

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Longer and heavier shouldn't have "to much" of an effect over you scsb. also mabey a good set of air shocks should give you a little adjustment on the ride quality

Or a set of airbag helpers. I had a set on my '98 till I relocated the upper shock towers. They worked great!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Still keeps the shocks. They go between the frame & the axle. I never took pix of mine when they were on, but I have seen some pix that other members have posted. Can't remember who, though. Hopefully they'll get in on this.
Yes, they work like airshocks in the way that they are adjusted. I had the air valve installed inside the gas door. They can be hooked up to a on-board compressor, too. They only require a small one, as they don't need more than about 65 psi, at the most. They should have at least 10 psi in them at all times though.