Driver Wiper Going Off Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91350burb

Reaction score
hey guys quick issue.

my driver side wiper goes off the windshield. I've adjusted the wipers at the rotator as much as possible but its not enough. I also tried pulling the wiper arm off and reinstalling angled correctly but there is a tab on the round part the arm goes onto preventing it from being adjusted this way.

any ideas? In the pictures the passenger side I've adjusted to lay flat. but the driver side is as far as it will go.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure all the linkage is straight? Something caused that to do that and grinding the tab off is NOT the way to "fix" it. If you install just the passenger side wiper arm and run it then try shutting the truck off just that wiper reaches its stop in the upright position. Then, go and install the drivers side wiper in the same upward position close to the A piller but not touching. If the wiper will not slide into the splined shaft then something is either bent or somehow one of those two splined mounting studs rotated all by itself and it is now not in sequence with the other side.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Your linkage is out of adjustment. I can tell by the way your passenger wiper is also messed up. You need to keep adjusting it until it is right.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I need to do this also. My driver's side wiper runs off the side of my windshield. Should be able to adjust it and get it back right.

orphan40

Reaction score
The saddles that form the top half of the socket of the ball/socket joint of that rotator assembly are most likely bent. Take them out and straighten them with a hammer. Should look like this _n_ . Your's probably looks like this /-\.

91350burb

Reaction score
Already adjusted under the cowl as much as possible. and the ball/socket joint is straight. I'm going to get the assembly from one in the junkyard that is straight and see if that fixes it. ill post back with results. thanks everyone.