Double Din

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

970tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone done a Double Din instal in their truck? Or know of someone who has? I found a bezel/ kit for $150 and that is pretty steep.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Um, that's the whole bezel that your replacing for the $150. A DD takes up about 1/4" more on the top and bottom of where the radio goes. You'd have to do a little cutting and some filling to get it to look right since you have to modify the bezel itself. It looks strange if all you do is cut and not fill in that rolled lip the factory has.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that there is a thread in here about it, you may have to look a bit, and if not, well... I'm a ratard.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
i made everything for mine. I took a piece of 1/16" plastic and cut it to fit around the dd and trim the bezel to house the radio.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
So how do you relocate the hvac controls and where did you mount them. Also how does the radio mount behind the bezel. That looks really good.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
my plans for the hvac was in a overhead console but i sold the truck before i got to it and i realocated them into the glovebox. Yea i forgot to mention you have to do a little cutting behind the radio to free up a little more space and used mdf wood to frame a spot for the radio

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i made everything for mine. I took a piece of 1/16" plastic and cut it to fit around the dd and trim the bezel to house the radio.

You must be registered for see images attach

I know you sold the truck, but I had to say, that's a really clean double din install!

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
thats a clean install, but it just looks odd to me... if anything, i would try and move my hvac controls down where the factory cd player is/was, and mold in the double din as close to factory placement as possible.