double din radio in 96 gmc 1500 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, there you have it folks - finished product. I washed and dried it, then masked the tan area off carefully, and applied - ehem - TrueValue Hardware's finest rattle can satin black. I'm pretty happy with the results. I've got a little bit of fine tuning to to like adjust a couple of small gaps and trim the 4x4 switch on the right side to make it perfectly pretty. It's not 100% perfect but, overall, this is an excellent result for me - being a more mechanical person. A professional autobody guy could definitely do a better job.

Again, I have to emphasize that there is a lot of work involved in doing this. I know see why DetailSS charges hundreds of dollars for a completed/modified dash bezel - even with the core.

You must be registered for see images

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is this thing holding up since you finished it? Im on the fence right now about buying the kit

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
which side did you come through to glue the plate to the dash bezel? my dash plate is to big to drop in from the front to make it sit flush before I start molding, it seems like I almost have to trim the plate to fit

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why dont yall just buy a flip out single din? Bigger than a double din. Unless you want gps i dont see cutting your dash apart and stuff as worth it.