Doors wont lock with remote(unlock working). Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uffeeh

Reaction score
So my truck has remote lock/unlock.
But the problem is that locking from the remote doesnt work. Only unlock.
When i press lock with the doors unlocked i just hear i sound from the drivers door but the lock doesnt respond.

I am grateful for any tips/ideas on where to start looking!

The truck is a GMC Sierra k2500 -97. 6,5D.

I'm posting i pic of my keyes, i have not seen a picture of remotes looking like mine on this forum. Are they OEM, GM?

You must be registered for see images

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have an aftermarket keyless entry, im familiar with that particular key fob. If the keyless entry unit is the same that corresponds with your particular key fob that im thinking of, it is a good quality unit. Does your truck have OE power door locks or aftermarket solenoids?

Uffeeh

Reaction score
You have an aftermarket keyless entry, im familiar with that particular key fob. If the keyless entry unit is the same that corresponds with your particular key fob that im thinking of, it is a good quality unit. Does your truck have OE power door locks or aftermarket solenoids?

Okej, so its aftermarket. Thanks, now i know that.
My truck has OE power locks.

Which end do i start looking do you think?
If it was a mechanical issue then the doors wouldnt lock from the lock button inside, which they do.
Maybe the control box for the alarm? That the wires that do the locking isnt damaged or so.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Yeah it cant be mechanical. Have you tried disassembling the remote? Whenever I've had issues with remotely unlocking/locking the problem always seems to be the remote itself....