doors keep randomly locking/unlocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Its a 400 body style. Thanks!

Sent from My a/c thermostat

Yeah, had a brain fart. 1500's were 800 and 2500's were 400 that year iirc.

Be aware that i think the courtesy lighting module is integrated into the keyless module on remote entry trucks. At least, I do believe i recall it being that way...

RCNO

Reaction score
it is, had me wondering for a while what happened.
On another note, fuse 4 is supposed to be keyless entry, cluster, and some others. With the truck running, I pulled it and keyless still worked, along with everything else that was listed. I dunno wth, lol

Next weekend Im going full on assault, tear into it till I find out wth is going on, if by sunday it isnt right, I might fix it with a gallon of gas and a lighter. Im starting to get disgusted lol

RCNO

Reaction score
Anyone have a service manual or an idea where or if there is a relay for keyless entry? If so can you tell me where its located? Thanks, Dave

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U could also check out the wiring harness for the windows and locks... My windows were doing sumthing like that, I replaced the harness and shes all good now... The wires could wear a bit from the door opening and closing over the years and tear the wire sheet causing a short or loss of power... The harness is in 2 parts iirc... From the switch 2 a connector behind the kick panel, to sumwhere else... But to do this u have 2 remove the door panel and inner door panel which has the window motor and window regulator arms attached 2 it... Roll down the window half way and start disassembly from there... While ur at it add sum grease to all moving parts and rails on the window rails and regulator arms... Hope this helps... Good luck and let us know how it goes after...

RCNO

Reaction score
Thanks Monstar and everyone else who helped. Im going tear into as soon as I post this. I will post a solution for future reference if i find one, even if its a photo of the truck on fire! Lol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Watch out for that window when you open that inner panel. They have a tendency to just drop!
I've never tried the 1/2 way down window trick. Heard of that though.
What I've done in the past, when working inside that poorly designed mess, is hold the window up with tape.
Wrap about 6 strips of 2" wide masking tape from the bottom of the glass, up & over the top of the door frame & all the way down the other side. Stick it down good before taking stuff apart.
If you've never worked inside these door, you're in for a real treat! An exercise in futility & frustration!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Take clear tape and tape the window to the top of the door, I do that whenever I replace window regulators.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
i have suction cups with rope.

suck one down on either side rope goes over the frame.

They have the handles that you pull to suck them to the glass. I think i got them at PA.

when done, just release them and no residue to deal with or stuff to throw away. Toss em in the box and ready to go next time I need em...

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I really should invest in some of those. Never remember when I'm there, though.

When I bought mine, it was more of an impulse buy one day. It wasn't until later when I needed to hold up a window one day that struck me I had them.

They work great attached to the bottom of the window as a stop when I need to take stuff out of the door frame also

Great little set up. Well worth the couple bucks I have into them