Door Panel Exchange Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The driver's side interior door panel on my 98 Silverado standard cab has torn vinyl on the armrest. I found a used one for sale that is the correct colour, and is electric windows like mine. Before I go and plunk down my hard-earned money, I have a couple of questions:

Are all front pickup door panels the same, or are the ones from extended or crew cabs different?

The one I am looking at is dirty on the carpeted area at the bottom. That same area on my panel is perfect. I guess I have a choice of trying to clean the carpet on the replacement panel, or try to switch the carpet over to the replacement panel. Is this something that can be done without ruining either the panel or the carpet piece?

Any help will be gratefully accepted and appreciated. Thanks.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The front door panels will all interchange from 95+ on a truck, burb, tahoe, etc. As long as its full power. There is no difference in ext. cab vs crew vs reg.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A quick update: I picked up the door panel, along with an inside door handle, and the switch/speaker insert today. Because it was dirty, the seller agreed to take $20. Brought it home, and dabbed at the dirty carpet area with Brakleen and paper towel, and it look almost new. I am really pleased with this, as the rest of the panel was in great shape. Don't need the littlw switch and speaker panel, but I'll put it away for "just in case."

Gonna wait till my new GM outside door handle arrives, then do the replacement of both together. I'll update later.