door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirty

Reaction score
where is the best place to get replacement exterior and interior door handles??
both handles on my drivers door need replacing and would prefer to only pull the panel once
if i can help it TIA

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You really only want factory AC Delco parts for the handles in my opinion. The aftermarket ones are all trash. I'd either go pick them up from a local dealership or try www.gmpartsdirect.com

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
You really only want factory AC Delco parts for the handles in my opinion. The aftermarket ones are all trash. I'd either go pick them up from a local dealership or try www.gmpartsdirect.com
I 100% agree that the aftermarket ones are garbage. Back in 2012, I replaced all the exterior door handles with aftermarket and they do not sit flush with the body nor do they look good... I wish I never switched them. Stick to OEM and save yourself from a big disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDS_5_OH

Reaction score
I agree. Used aftermarket handles on my son's truck and they were plastic, not metal. The lock cylinder broke on the drivers side and fell into the door. We ended up repainting the OEM handles, installing new springs and gaskets and put it all back together. Pain in the butt for sure.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't speak for the outside handles as I went with the Kodiac style but I do have an aftermarket inside handle on the driver's side going on 3 years without a problem. The thing that kills the handles the most is out of aligned doors that require extra effort to open.

dirty

Reaction score
I can't speak for the outside handles as I went with the Kodiac style but I do have an aftermarket inside handle on the driver's side going on 3 years without a problem. The thing that kills the handles the most is out of aligned doors that require extra effort to open.

i think this maybe part of my issue with door needing adjustment. i was having to drop my shoulder to open the door before the handle finally gave out

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the doors are aligned as they should be they open and close very easy even better with the window down a bit.