Does anyone make new lower control arms for 92-44 K1500's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SethT

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. Would be nice to just get a new set instead of spending the time rebuilding the old ones.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. Would be nice to just get a new set instead of spending the time rebuilding the old ones.
There’s a few threads on using that era Astro LCA’s. There’s also been some recent posts of those being a little different and some grinding needed. If that’s the case, I’d personally just swap in new bushings on the originals. They are discontinued and no true aftermarket available.

SethT

Reaction score
Seems so bizarre given how many of these trucks were made.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Seems so bizarre given how many of these trucks were made.

Replacing the whole arm is a newer thing. The control arm isn't a wear item. It's got nothing to do with how many were made. This isn't an issue of parts availability, it's an issue of changing norms on how things are fixed or maintained.

SethT

Reaction score
Yes, I was surprised in the early 2000’s when I started seeing completely assembled control arms available for the reason d you mention. Still surprising to me today that only the uppers received the new approach.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yes, I was surprised in the early 2000’s when I started seeing completely assembled control arms available for the reason d you mention. Still surprising to me today that only the uppers received the new approach.

The old rarely gets the new, unless there is an advantage to a manufacturer. Manufacturers keep doing it the old way because there isn't a lot of gain to be had from a diminishing market. GMT-400's aren't being made and haven't been made for a long time. Fewer and fewer are on the road, and many of the ones that are on the road are only maintained minimally. There's no reason to start producing something new with a continually shrinking market. On the other hand, producing what's been produced, take no new investment. When new parts are made or designed for something old, it's because that old thing has switched from being just old and worn to collectable/vintage/performance/whatever, and the potential customer changes and the price that can be charged gets higher. The investment becomes worth it, either monetarily, or the investor is a fan and has personal interest in making something happen. I just bought a alternator adjustment bracket that will fit my 69 Buick from a man that's making them, or having them made, because he's an old jeep guy.... and some of the old Jeeps used Buick engines.