DIY traction bars.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I've searched and searched. And I'm not get the answers I'm looking for. I'm tired of looking. I've been on dodge forums and ford as well. I know you can buy a set for the 98 1500. But there $400. I've read that they can easily be made for $100. So my questions that I'm looking for answers too are, what is a good ideal length for these trucks? I've read short is for looks. Long is for trails and race. I don't know. Next question is what is all needed to make them. I've read dom tubing. And some heim joints. But I don't know if these will even fix my issue. But I'm going to try. Anyone input is better than what I have now.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are the ones that are suppose to correct axle wrap correct. I'm not sure if that is was the issue is but it's worth trying to fix.

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I dont know how much I trust diy ones unless you are really savy on the welding and stuff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have found some for 147 but its a little different that what u r looking at

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Got a picture of what you're looking for?

I'm just picturing slapper bars, which have absolutely no place on a trail truck.

The other thing I'm picturing is trailing arms. Can be used on a trail truck, but mainly for coil sprung vehicles...

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
this is what he wants

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ah, I see.

I'll bow out from the discussion because I don't really have anything good to say about those.

Cheers and good luck on your search.

:)