Diff question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some new front and rear complete axle and diff with 4:88s I got 2 questions. First my truck is a 98 with the push button 4 wheel drive the diff is outta a older truck like a 95 or so. Mine only has the one plug this one has 2 one for the actuator and another for what I guess is a sensor? Will this work can I just wire the new one in. Second the rear axle he said it has some play in the front output something about mabye the crush washer he thought it was a easy fix but wouldn't you have to take it all down or not? He said I could run it but it would need to be addressed sorry if I seem dumb but I know nothing about this kinda thing.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To fix the Crush Sleeve you do not have to tear it all down. Remove the yoke and pull it out I belive the crush sleeve and washer are right their. BUT from what I have heard when you replace it it is VERY important to have it set to the proper depth over tight is very bad, it will screem like a yetty, too loose and you will tear up the rear quick.:nono: And you will have to replace the outter seal when putting it all back together. I cant remember how the wiring goes its to early, I 'll have to think:hmm:

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never mind when I pulled the cover off to fix the crush sleeve and there were like 8 teeth chewed off the ring gear. So the guy I bought them from is getting them back! Not to happy about it but what can you do.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks Man sorry to hear that at least he will take it back though

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dang, yeah he knew that was bad, trust me I broke 2 teeth off my ring gear and it sounded like some one was hammering on my rear end with a 20lb hammer as hard as they could when i was going down the rd.