Diesel bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Oh, that's awesome. Sell a product that doesn't even fit! LMC = Overpriced, Under quality.

LMC is only expensive when it comes to shipping. The parts themselves are pretty affordable. And since I've reached out to several companies asking for country of origin and material certifications, and only Dennis Carpenter ever replied, I've narrowed it down to two locations that every piece of aftermarket sheetmetal for anything I own comes from lol.

The grey stuff comes from Cleveland Oh, the Black stuff comes from Taiwan, and usually fits better lol.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Alright, ill go pick it up tomorrow. It should fit on my K1500 factory brackets, right? Theres about a foot of snow on the ground around the bumper and the truck, so im already not looking forward to getting it off.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can get aftermarket ones off of LMC truck and the like, but it usually takes a body shop to fit one. Many times they will come with a slight twist in them which needs taking care of before painting/mounting.

I totally agree that import parts like that are a crapshoot, but I bought 3 smoothie diesel bumpers from LMC and the fit was very good.

Richard

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Where can you even find diesel smoothie bumpers?

I looked around for over a year for one. I just happened to run across a guy in Houston parting out an old 6.5 with a smoothie bumper.

Edit:
Just outta curiosity I did a quick a quick Craigslist search here in Houston. Of course I mention how hard it was for me to find one and instantly find a smoothie and one with bumpers lol

http://victoriatx.craigslist.org/pts/5378405312.html
http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/5348564780.html

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta wonder why the white dually is being parted out. It doesn't look too bad, and has a nice parts specification.

And yes, I like the diesel bumper. Hope you got it.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
<- owns a 6.5L with 213750 miles on the odo, just the regular oil- & filter change and still fires up like a champ in -25C. :) OnT, yes you should buy that diesel bumper!

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
<- owns a 6.5L with 213750 miles on the odo, just the regular oil- & filter change and still fires up like a champ in -25C. :) OnT, yes you should buy that diesel bumper!
Be sure to get the 3 black plastic air deflectors that mount to the radiator core support. It helps with cooling, and blacks out behind the nostril hole openings. I wish I could find one for 45. The factory ones are still available at dealers, but unless you work with one a lot, they won't discount much, but they can if you catch the right guy.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm. Don't really know what deflectors you're talking about. I don't believe we have any chevy/gmc dealers in sweden, atleast i don't think they're selling parts to OBS.